Monday 3 March 2014

To me I feel a homely ritual should be defined as wherever you feel comfortable. It could be something as simple as an everyday activity. For my 'homely ritual' I have decided to go with the long boarding adventures I go on with my mate. The reason I chose this is because it happens on a regular basis and I can get into my own head space.

The journey usually sets off around 11pm and we set off for our favourite destinations whilst taking fun detours along the way. My favourite destination to travel to is based at a beach along Oriental Parade. I like to go and sit on the concrete blocks and stare out at the city lights. A homely feature about this space I really like is that I can go there at any time of the day or night and feel safe. The sounds of the waves/water, night time view of the city, events that go on from time to time and the entire vibe I get from the space in all sorts of weather conditions all seem to make me happy. I have grown up in Wanganui and being right by the water relaxes me.


No comments:

Post a Comment