Thursday 6 March 2014

Interview with Client

Ritual of Baking:

Baking is a family tradition in which family recipes have been passed down to me from my mother and her from her mother.

When I think of home and homely I think of the smell of my mother and my grandmother's baking. It reminds me of my childhood and growing up.

When I bake it is a time that I can take my mind off the world, being able to submerge myself into a recipe and just focus on the tactile experience of a hands-on activity.

I suffer from insomnia and I get stressed easily so baking I feel helps me deal with it.

I choose to bake generally when I am home-alone, because I am a family of six and have always been around people since I was born, I am not used to being alone. Baking allows me to submerge myself and it makes the time I am by myself seem shorter.

I am family orientated so it allows me to give back to my family after I finish baking. For me it is not so much on the tasting of the baking it is the act of baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment